Acetyl L-Carnitine is the acetylated ester of the amino acid L-carnitine, and plays an important role in the transfer and utilization of long-chain fatty acids, which are used in the production of energy. It supports biosynthesis of acetylcholine, the most abundant neurotransmitter in the body, regulating activities of vital organs and blood vessels, and communication between nerves and muscles.**
In the brain, acetylcholine helps facilitate memory and learning. Acetyl L-carnitine is structurally similar to acetylcholine, and brain neurons stimulated by acetylcholine are receptive to stimulation by ALC.
Acetyl L-carnitine is one of the most extensively researched brain nutrients with a proven ability to enhance mental energy and wellness.
Research shows ALC helps to:
• Energize the brain
• Increase levels of important neurotransmitter chemicals needed for memory, focus, and learning
• Repair the damage done to brain cells caused by stress and poor nutrition
These three benefits show that acetyl L-carnitine dramatically improves mental focus and energy.
Benefits of Acetyl L-Carnitine:
• Quickly improves mental focus and energy
• Enhances short and long-term memory
• Relieves depression
• Slows progression of Alzheimer’s disease
• Protects the brain from stress
• Helps repair physically damaged nerves
• Helps stroke victims
• Helps prevent age-related memory deterioration
• Increases learning capacity
• Enhances immune function
• Improves female reproductive function